Erlonat (Erlotinib) is a Kinase inhibitor which is primarily used to treat cell lung cancer, or pancreatic cancer when combined with a certain other medicine. It works by inhibiting growth to adjacent tissues in the body so that the cancerous cells slow down, allowing the patient a better environment to recover and fight the cancer naturally.
Typically, an adult patient will be instructed to take between 100mg and 150mg of Erlonat (Erlotinib), at least 1 hour before any meals or snacks and 2 hours after. Unless otherwise instructed, you should always swallow each tablet whole without chewing, crushing, splitting, or dissolving the tablet in liquid. Wash tablets down with full glass of water.
Warning & Precautions
1. If you have an allergic or hypersensitive reaction, seek emergency medical attention.
2. Possible symptoms include difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, swelling, chest tightness, skin rashes, and hives.
3. This medication should only be used as instructed and prescribed by your physician or pharmacist. Do not alter your dosage unless specifically instructed to do so by either of the above.
4. Dosage and usage often depends on the severity of the condition, as well as the patient’s medical history and current health condition.
5. Before you begin using this medication, ensure your physician is aware of the following:
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you have any allergies.
If you have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
If you are using any other drugs or medication.
If you are using any vitamins or supplements.
Patients using Erlonat (Erlotinib) may experience the following side effects. Notify your physician promptly if you notice any side effects, whether listed below or not.
Severe or persistent nausea
Irritated or dry skin
Inward growing eyelashes
Unusual bruising or bleeding
Loss of appetite